Prizren, Kosovo's most Oriental City
The Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of Saint George in Prizren (Saborni Hram Svetog Đorđe u Prizrenu in Serbian), a three-aisled Basilica with a dome and a small tower. It was built from 1856 to 1887 near an earlier church. It was was looted and set on fire during the ethnic riots by Albanians against Serbs in March 2004, but gradually restored and, as shown here in 2009, surrounded by razor wire and guarded by KFOR troops. Nowadays it is open and can be visited again.