Prishtina, Kosovo's Capital City
The Kosovo Museum on Rruga Nazim Gafurri, once the seat of the Kosovo Vilayet, was built in 1898. It was the headquarters of the Yugoslav National Army from 1945 to 1975. The Jashar Pasha mosque, constructed in 1834, is next door, in the old town of Prishtina, Kosova's capital. Jashar Mehmet Pasha was a high-ranking Ottoman official from a wealthy Prishtina family, who was governor of Skopje in 1843.