Gjakova, in western Kosovo
The main prayer hall of the Hadum Mosque (Xhamia e Hadumit), built by Hadum Sylejman Efendia (Sylejman Hadum Aga) in 1594-95; the Hadum mosque stands in the heart of the old bazaar of Gjakova. It has the classic form of the Islamic-Kosovar style and features paintings and arabesques. The Mimber, which serves for preaching, with its door, the stairs and baldachin, is entirely made of wood. The tectonic of this element is presented through paintings and carvings.